Friday, March 4, 2011

"Where I Belong"- Cory Asbury

My Mom once gave me a dinstinction between different types of musicians that made much sense to me and has become what I hold to be true. There are hearers and doers. Though a musician all of my life, my instinct has always been to almost drown myself in the lyrics, the beats, and the emotions of the music by listening, rather than playing. As a kid and an adult I have had talent, but not the motivation to become a serious instrumentalist or vocalist. Though, I would like to sing in a community choir or play in a community band. I am a listener. I am a hearer of music and love to bury myself into the lyrics through songs that are meant to touch the soul and heal it. I believe that this is the core purpose of worship music, to help the persons leading worship and those listening by leading them into a more meaningful experience with the Lord. A core purpose of healing wounds through the Word in song, and to deeply touch the souls of those who need it most. Today is one of those days where my thoughts aren't so easily taken captive and I fall back into some of my old patterns. So as I struggle through my day, "Where I Belong" speaks the words of my heart and reminds me to seek after only the Lord. For He is my rock and my strength. He does not change His mind about the plans He has for us. His promises never fail.


‎2 Corinthians 1:20

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Lamentations 3:22-24

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;

therefore I will wait for him."


‎1 Samuel 15:29

He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind."


So, without further adieu.


Where I Belong


Cory Asbury

Your presence is all I am longing for, here in the secret place.

Your nearness is all I am waiting for, here in the quiet place.

Here in the secret place.

My soul waits for You alone,

like the watchmen wait for dawn.

Here I’ve finally found the place where we’ll meet, Lord, face to face.

I’ve finally found where I belong

I’ve finally found where I belong: In Your presence.

I’ve finally found where I belong is to be with You, to be with You.

I am my Beloved’s and He is mine

So come into Your garden and take delight in me. Take delight in me.

Delight in me! Delight in me!

Here in Your presence, God, I find my rest. Here in Your presence God.

Amen.

No comments: